Wikidsmart Context Server (WCS)
WCS is a middleware server which instantly and contextually integrates functions and content of disparate tools and applications. It acts as a non-invasive semantic overlay for all of your environment’s content. It unifies your software engineering environment and provides interoperability, traceability, faceted search and reporting across all of your content. It also improves collaboration by serving contextually relevant content covering all phases of the software engineering lifecycle. For example, Requirements from Confluence and Customer Cases or Tickets from Salesforce and/or Zendesk, related to a specific Product, may be served to the team member working on a Defect in JIRA. Furthermore, a team member may search for information spread across all tools, from anywhere.
Specific features of Wikidsmart Context Server include:
- Knowledge model (sometimes called a "knowledge graph"): Wikidsmart's knowledge model formally relates all concepts for software engineering, CRM, Help Desk, etc. from stakeholders to deployment builds.
- Generic Mapper: Consistent and easy-to-implement interfaces for applications to map their internal schema with WCS knowledge model.
- Application connectors: Easy to build connectors for applications, both commercial and inhouse.
- RESTful Services: For applications to connect to WCS to access the full context graph related to any entity, query the database to support semantic search (video overview / now a Google OpenSocial Gadget) , and support analytics and reporting applications.
Wikidsmart Solutions provide rich Requirements Management and Test Management functionality from within your existing JIRA and Confluence. Furthermore, by integrating Salesforce as well as Zendesk, they provide Customer On-Boarding and Customer Case management. Wikidsmart Solutions include WCS and are driven by the contextually integrated content of WCS and its knowledge model.
Wikidsmart Solutions add structured forms to the accessibility and collaborative nature of the Confluence wiki, leverage the workflow and task management of JIRA, and combine the content and functions of other systems to deliver powerful composite applications.
Finally, due to the extensible nature of Wikidsmart, you can also customize the applications or create new ones.
Wikidsmart Solutions are tailored to Software Engineering
The Wikidsmart suite of applications include:
- PM (Product Management): video download
- Formally capture Requirements in the Atlassian Confluence enterprise wiki
- Link Features to GreenHopper stories
- Create a Requirements hierarchy, starting with high-level definitions
- Link Requirements to Use Cases, Design Document and Technical Specifications
- Trigger approval workflows
- Capture activities (development tasks, bug fixes, code checkins) against Requirements
- Log bugs in Atlassian JIRA against Requirements
- Define Test Suites and Test Cases against Requirements (With Wikidsmart QA)
- Connectors: Confluence, JIRA
- QA (Test Case Management for Quality Assurance): videodownload
- Manage Test Cases in Confluence
- Automate using Selenium Test Scripts
- Create Test Runs for Iterations
- Execute Test Scripts through JIRA Workflow
- Automatically Capture Test Execution Results
- View Test Results in Dashboards for Features, Requirements, Components, Releases & Projects
- Connectors: Confluence, JIRA, Selenium
- ALM (Application Lifecycle Management): video download
- All features included in PM and QA
- Integration with version control systems via FishEye Conector (CVS, Git, Mercurial, Perforce, Subversion)
- Dashboards for all aspects of software delivery
- Connectors: JIRA, Confluence, Selenium, FishEye, Jenkins
- CRM (Integration with Customer Relationship Management and Help Desk):
- Solutions for cross-functional teams: sales, support, professional services, senior management, etc.
- Case management with Salesforce and/or Zendesk.
- Customer on-boarding: automate customer on-boarding tasks and information flow between Salesforce, Zendesk, JIRA, and Confluence with respect to training, services projects, implementation plans, etc.
- Connectors: JIRA, Confluence, Salesforce, Zendesk.
CD (Community Dashboard and integration of Community project content):
OpenStack webinar video
OpenStack Summit presentation
- Dashboards, reports, faceted search, and traceability of community project content
- Connectors: Issue Tracker (Launchpad, JIRA, etc.), Version Control (Git, Subversion, etc.), Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.), Code Review (Gerrit, Crucible, etc.)
- Dashboard can be your choice, for example Confluence wiki, Red Hat GateIn portal, etc.
Wikidsmart Portal video
Wikidsmart Portal is an add-on to Wikidsmart Solutions. Powered by the leading open source portal Red Hat GateIn, Wikidsmart Portal can be used as a simplified front-end for one or more software engineering tools, to remove complexity for stakeholders who do not require feature-rich access. In addition, it can act as a unified front-end for multiple tools while ensuring all content is contextually relevant.
Wikidsmart Portal provides "Facebook-like" collaboration features for stakeholders and a dashboard for executives.
Wikidmsart Portal can be used as a composite front-end for tools and Wikidsmart Appliations to remove complexity for stakeholders who do not require feature-rich access.
Instant Integration: Countless hours are wasted in software delivery projects in both building and maintaining an integrated environment. With Wikidsmart, no manual integration development is required. All the integrations are pre-built thanks to the Wikidsmart knowledge model and the mappings within the pre-built Connectors. Of course all of this can be extended or modified if desired.
Customers can choose to use or modify existing templates and configure options within the environment.
Smart Content: The whole software engineering (application lifecycle management / ALM) environment is completely cohesive, instead of a collection of disparate systems. This enables:
- Interoperability: Cohesion of content flow between tools and applications. Content flows amongst all interconnected systems instantly at a granular level. Composite and contextual content of one or more tools or applications may be exposed or queried within any other tool or application. This enables a social and collaborative environment from a contextual content perspective since contextual information can be served from other tools into the one which you are currently working.
- Automation: Automatically generate new wiki pages or update existing pages based upon content captured in forms, from repositories of tools, or within external applications.
- Consistency: Wikidsmart structured templates allow you to capture content in a consistent, structured way. The templates leverage the Wikidsmart Context Server, thus "recognizing" the content captured in forms. Therefore the content is organized with respect to other semantically meaningful information for easy retrieval and reference as well as for powerful association to related artifacts.
- Ability to build new, template-based, composite applications: Thanks to the model-driven environment, structured templates within the Confluence wiki, and workflow within JIRA, you can leverage existing Wikidsmart Solutions or create new ones.
Insightful Information: Finally, you can gain a complete view and traceability of your software delivery environment from Requirements to testing to general availability and customer requests.
- Faceted search: Find precise information quickly and easily by using faceted search or traversing the hierarchy of software engineering or CRM concepts. Search (video overview / now a Google OpenSocial Gadget):
- Lineage/Traceability: You can easily search or traverse tangential artifacts/concepts across the information infrastructure: requirements, features, use cases, code, issues, customers, cases, etc.
- Dashboards and reports: Now you can track progress of the whole software delivery process or simply against a specific area such as tasks achieved by Engineering for a specific project’s Requirements submitted by product management.
Future-Proof: Wikidsmart is open source, built on open standards, and has an extensible, open architecture. Therefore, you can be confident that as your organization’s needs change, Wikidsmart will adopt to new, unforeseen challenges.